So far I've found:
The Mcupdate scheduled task downloads the following data packages. These data packages are used by Windows Media Center in Windows Vista.
- Directory Service: The Directory Service package lists the packages that are available in a region. The Directory Service package also provides information about how to obtain packages, about how frequently to download packages, and about when to download packages.
- Client Update: The Client Update package contains updated regional information.
- Sports (United States & Canada Only): The Sports package contains information about sporting events. This information is integrated with other Electronic Program Guide (EPG) information. .
- Net TV (United States only): The Net TV package contains information about videos that are available on demand.
- MCESpotlight: This package contains information about Online Spotlight applications that are available.
The following switches and possible definitions of what they are doing:
- mcupdate.exe –MediaCenterRecoveryTask brings TV setup back to factory default
- mcupdate –uf forces a new package to be downloaded - but which package... just any you're missing?
- mcupdate.exe -uf -pscn0 –dbgc full guide update & clean database?
- mcupdate -u –nogc
Appreciate any inputs !