MESSAGE TO MEMBERS & VISITORS:  This website and forum will soon close down permanently - please see this post for details.

Latest Posts

Tuner / Windows 8.1 / Australia?
Forum: Tuners - Windows 8
Last Reply: wheelie007 (Oct 21 2014 03:25 AM)
PCMediacenter.com.au is Closing Down Permanently
Forum: Site Information & Feedback
Last Reply: wheelie007 (Oct 21 2014 03:21 AM)
What is everyone using as a Media Centre these days ?
Forum: The Ettamogah Pub
Last Reply: wazzageek (Oct 20 2014 11:08 PM)
Adding a second WIn7 MCE HTPC with USB tuner....but hit issues
Forum: Tuners - Windows 7
Last Reply: alect71 (Oct 20 2014 03:37 PM)
SiliconHill Major Cities TV Guides shutting down
Forum: Windows 7 EPG
Last Reply: Kazdalk (Oct 20 2014 05:53 AM)

Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

Mediacenter studio web site is down you may need to back it up

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bill24

bill24

MC Mentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:28 AM

goto C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\and look for some thing like 1B7Q9Y51.LBV\9VOLY5MP.139\mcst..tion_e7ba95bf63da1a4e_0000.0000_8295f17bcae6f0ac
copy all files to a folder
now if you wont to make this and installabe program get clickteam install creator >http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/install-creator.html

#2 doonadude

doonadude

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:44 AM

just noticed today- has the developer chucked it in?- actually referred a friend to the program today but no dice?

#3 fizzydrink

fizzydrink

MC Apprentice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:03 AM

/>goto C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\and look for some thing like 1B7Q9Y51.LBV\9VOLY5MP.139\mcst..tion_e7ba95bf63da1a4e_0000.0000_8295f17bcae6f0ac
copy all files to a folder
now if you wont to make this and installabe program get clickteam install creator >http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/install-creator.html

have you made an executable?

any chance of getting a copy?

cheers

#4 GlenR

GlenR

Grand Poobah

• Global Moderators
  • 5989 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

I have been in correspondence with Advent. He advised me that he has renewed the hosting for his site and it will be back up shortly, BUT the future of Media Center Studio is bleak.

Bottom line - he says he is unable to support it any more. So, it may or may not reappear on his site, and if it does it is unlikely to undergo any development or support.

An alternative is probably the best bet right now. Time to look elsewhere to customise our menus. This guy has an interesting product over at >http://www.patchou.com/projects/media-center-themer/, but I don't think it modifies the menu. Maybe he can be persuaded to add that functionality.

If anyone does stumble across a MC menu modifier - be sure to let us all know.

#5 aanda6

aanda6

MC Mentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

I personally haven't used that tool yet as I have Advents media centre studio installed and done what needed, however Patchous media centre themer does support adding and removing/moving menu items >MCT Documentation – Modify the UI

#6 willardhlp

willardhlp

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

What are the chances he would release the source code under an open license or something so that others can pick up where he left off. A lot has been put into the product as far as creating compatible themes and what not it would be a true shame to lose such a great product.

#7 aanda6

aanda6

MC Mentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

might be worht checking out this product I >posted about earlier. while you can't use themes from mediacentre studio there already is some themes available for the method it employs.

#8 bill24

bill24

MC Mentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

/>I have been in correspondence with Advent. He advised me that he has renewed the hosting for his site and it will be back up shortly, BUT the future of Media Center Studio is bleak.

Bottom line - he says he is unable to support it any more. So, it may or may not reappear on his site, and if it does it is unlikely to undergo any development or support.

An alternative is probably the best bet right now. Time to look elsewhere to customise our menus. This guy has an interesting product over at >http://www.patchou.com/projects/media-center-themer/, but I don't think it modifies the menu. Maybe he can be persuaded to add that functionality.

If anyone does stumble across a MC menu modifier - be sure to let us all know.

this is from a mediabrowser.tv member

Hey bill, noticed on your other forum that someone was asking for an alternative to MCS for editing menustrips. I just happen to know of one created by mikinhosoft, Start Menu Plus, if you’d like to pass it along. – DemonSeed

http://mikinho.com/wmc/start-menu-plus/

#9 TerryM

TerryM

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

This is super bad news..

I am rebuilding my HTPC this weekend and was poking around to make sure I had all the latest versions of my addins when I found this.

MediaCenter Studio was a bit quirky but makes Media Center look the way I want. I will be brutal without it.

Thanks Bill for the tip on how to back it up, I did not know I could even do that, I would have been in trouble tomorrow when I found out MCS was MIA.

#10 FatButtLarry

FatButtLarry

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Hi,

My name's Tres. I'm from the US, and registered for this site specifically for interest in Media Center Studio/Advent Media Center.

This application is great, and I was wondering if we could take a collection to bring the site back online and development back up and running.

Nothing compares to this plugin for customizations to WMCE, and the "online" installer breaks any future people from using it if the hosting is down.

If someone has contact with the developer, can we make him/her this offer?

-Tres

Edited by FatButtLarry, 01 November 2011 - 08:40 PM.

#11 bill24

bill24

MC Mentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:11 AM

see
>http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/9092/mediacenter-studio-web-site-is-down-you-may-need-to-back-it-up
for download link

#12 GlenR

GlenR

Grand Poobah

• Global Moderators
  • 5989 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:55 AM

Just downloaded this and AVG reports it as a potential threat. Corrupted executable.

#13 bill24

bill24

MC Mentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:36 AM

found another link
>http://www.filefactory.com/file/c35a0f2/n/mediacenter_studio.exe

#14 mangis

mangis

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

Hey Guys

Here's another link to download MCS

>MCS Manual Install (*.zip)

It's a manual install not an EXE file but it does the job.

#15 WarrenH

WarrenH

MC Graduate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:06 AM

You don't need to instal anything, just place the unzipped folder anywhere and run the exe, works without issue