Latest Posts

Windows 8 as a Pure Desktop
Forum: Windows 8: Media Center & OS
Last Reply: logifuse (Apr 22 2014 06:39 PM)
LogMeIn Free GONE!
Forum: The Ettamogah Pub
Last Reply: ScreenConnect (Apr 22 2014 12:52 PM)
Linksys DMA 2200 Mediacentre extender for sale
Forum: Buy, Sell or Trade
Last Reply: Rob (Apr 21 2014 04:46 AM)
Aviate Invite Code?
Last Reply: logifuse (Apr 20 2014 05:57 PM)
Open Mesh WiFi Network
Last Reply: logifuse (Apr 20 2014 05:18 PM)

Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

Leadtek DTV 2000 DS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kalshort

kalshort

MC Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

Hi,

ok so I've discarded my old DVico Lite tuner cards and bought a new Leadtek DVT 2000 DS tuner card to replace them for use under Windows 7 (32 bit).

Afer installing the card windows 7 doesn't seem to recognise it, it identifies it as being a high definition audio device. I tried installing the drivers off the disk that came with it but windows 7 says its driver is the best one for the hardware. I downloaded the latest driver and tried installing that, same result. I manually install both drivers, same result, it simply won't recognise the card for what it is.

One other piece to the puzzle, I'm using the ASUS motherboards onboard sound which is also listed as a high definition audio device. There is a code 12 resource error between this and the tuner card, I'm presuming they both want to use the same IRQ address (IRQ 17). The sound card is getting priority and I'm guessing this might be the reason why W7 can't properly identify the tuner.

Anyone come accross this or have a solution (and don't bother suggesting switching off the onboard sound, already tried that).

Thanks

Kal

#2 ozbear

ozbear

Grand Poobah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2640 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

I can't offe you a solution but perhaps a bit of hope since I have the same card working happily with Windows 7 using Ledteks's driver.

However, I am not using the same motherboard as you are.

Oz

#3 kalshort

kalshort

MC Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

Thanks Oz.

If you get a chance could you let me know a couple things, first being what the device is listed as under device manager, i.e. is it just listed as the DTV2000DS or are there other multiple listings for it? Also, what category is it listed under i.e. sound/game devices etc, do you have a listing for a High Definition Audio Device?

Another thing I noticed, I'm sure I read somewhere that the card requires a PCI 2.3 connection, I just found that the motherboard PCI slots are PCI 2.2 (I think), which would explain why W7 isn't detecting it properly. I need to have a look and see if I can find a Bios upgrade that fixes it but I don't like my chances. I can feel a full upgrade comming on (boohoo).