Latest Posts

New HTPC Build - Opinions Please
Forum: Windows 8: Media Center & OS
Last Reply: Raptor (Sep 16 2014 12:58 AM)
new PC home appliance beautifier tool
Forum: Media Center Articles & Guides
Last Reply: chir (Sep 15 2014 12:20 PM)
MP3s in USB Car Audio Question
Forum: The Ettamogah Pub
Last Reply: Dinks (Sep 15 2014 02:42 AM)
Tuner / Windows 8.1 / Australia?
Forum: Tuners - Windows 8
Last Reply: zydeco (Sep 15 2014 01:50 AM)
Black screen flicker problem with new build
Forum: Windows 7: Media Center & OS
Last Reply: dale_mac (Sep 13 2014 05:37 PM)

Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

Windows7 watch tv, listen to internet radio?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Soapit

Soapit

MC Graduate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:29 PM

so my problem is this.

i watch alot of rugby and rugby league but the commentators are getting on my nerves big time. does anyone know of anything that would allow me to turn off the sound on the tv stream and pipe through some commentary from an internet radio broadcast. ideally it would allow me to sync them both (i could delay the tv a couple of secs or something).

anyone got any ideas?

#2 logifuse

logifuse

Grand Poobah

• Global Moderators
  • 11199 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:24 PM

Not via Media Center, but it's very simple to mute MC & not the over all sound in Windows 7 by opening the sound mixer in the Windows system tray & muting it there (MC nees to be minimised). Once that's done, you can just go to the desired web stream via the web browser.

My feeling is that you'll need to pause live TV a bit to get it in sync, & you may have to re-adjust sync a few times along the way.

If you want to go the whole hog, either get yourself a digital radio (the Pure One Classic is best for the job as it has live pause built in so you can get it perfect with the TV), or get >http://www.daansystems.com/radiodelay/ (free) & hook up a radio to the input on your sound card. For delaying analogue radio, you're looking at 3.5-5 seconds depending on the TV broadcaster (Fox sports is about 3.5, Ch 9 is about 4, Ch 10 is about 5).

Both give excellent results & the ability to mute MC individually in Windows 7 makes the RadioDelay/analogue option much easier than it used to be (you can probably find a write up of mine on how to do it in days gone by where you needed to use non-default sound devices & separate connections to your AVR/speakers).

Once you get it configured, you'll never listen to TV commentary again. I used to run RadioDelay, but I've got the Pure One Classic running in to a different input on my AVR now & that's perfect.

Justin

#3 Soapit

Soapit

MC Graduate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

cheers man. i wish i was smarter/more motivated and could do a little plugin to handle all of it but at least there is a way to do it. i'd love it if they offered alternate audio streams. those morons on channel 9 do my head in some nights