Latest Posts

Need help building latest drivers for HVR-2200 (8940)
Forum: Tuners
Last Reply: brewerm (Jul 23 2014 11:48 PM)
Network TV
Forum: NAS & Media Streamers
Last Reply: skypilot (Jul 21 2014 06:45 PM)
I want to watch netflix USA but dont want to use proxy/VPN/DNS
Forum: Online Content
Last Reply: alanwade (Jul 21 2014 05:27 AM)
Changing to Wrong Tuner Sources Problem - Information Gathering
Forum: Tuners - Windows 7
Last Reply: skris88 (Jul 19 2014 11:56 PM)
Recordings stop after 26 minutes for all of a sudden?
Forum: Windows 7: Media Center & OS
Last Reply: chemoul (Jul 19 2014 03:21 AM)

Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

Need to transfer 1 program from Mystar to Disc

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 morphjk

morphjk

MC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1569 posts
  • LocationHobart, Tasmania

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:16 AM

I got asked to record a program for some one which was fine but I am trying to workout how I can transfer it from the Austar Mystar box to a DVD.

This is likely to be a one off so I am trying to workout the cheapest and easiest way to do this. So would really value some advice on doing this.

#2 dgaust

dgaust

Grand Poobah

• Global Moderators
  • 6441 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:32 AM

Welcome to the world of proprietary hardware.... I don't believe it's currently possible to copy content from a mystar box to any other hardware.

#3 morphjk

morphjk

MC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1569 posts
  • LocationHobart, Tasmania

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:05 AM

Well that's going to be a bugger.

#4 MaluaBay

MaluaBay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

Hi Folks....Just to add to this post. I to have an Austar HD box and have just installed a Windows 7 MCE after using XP MCE for a while. My observations are that I can record a show originating via the Austar Box (not sure about movies as I dont' subscribe to them), BUT if I record them to Austar and then play them back and try to bring into MCE during the playback (so i can burn a copy to disk) then I get an AverTV message saying that show is for display only and can not be recorded. Interesting you can do it live but not during playback after recording to the Austar HD. It must be during the Austar Recording to Austar hard drive that they add the secure bits??????:confused:

Any comments appreciated.

#5 Ideas Man

Ideas Man

MC Apprentice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:47 PM

No, it's when you're playing back from the HDD that they add the copy protection. I found this out with the original MyStar as well. ****ed it off and use WMC for all recording, a much better solution anyway.

#6 Maxcat

Maxcat

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

Just for a one off, has anyone tried using the TV output connected to a recording device (HDD) thus using the TV as a "bridge" between the mystar decoder and the HDD recorder. Slow, and a pain in the butt, I know, but I'm interested to see if it works. I get the feeling that eventually we will be forced to use the new decoders when our slow old original austar box dies. Thank you.
Maxcat.